A SOCIAL LIFE FILM FOR EDUCATORS:
A Social Life film can be used to open a constructive dialogue around positive social media usage. It is suitable for grades 6 through collegiate level education. These discussion questions have been crafted in partnership with the National Association for Media Literacy Education NAMLE.
"A Social Life" Discussion Questions
LINK TO WATCH FILM: http://bit.ly/ASocialLifeFilm
- What does “a social life” mean to you? What does it look like?
- How does social media impact social lives?
- How do you use social media? How often are you on it?
- Video-to-self connections? How do you use social media?
- What is the main message the director is trying to make?
- Do you agree with this representation of the use of social media?
- Dissecting the video itself
- Who is the target audience?
- What visuals helped promote its theme?
- What audio helped promote its theme?
- Analyzing the posts within the video themselves
- Reality vs. what is being posted (ex: dinner vs. what she actually ate)
- Create media:
- What does the main character do next? Create the following scene or scenes to the movies.